Director / Designer
Do you love creative, design and dream about changing the world (even just a little bit)? We're looking for a senior art director / designer who is passionate about conceptual design and working on projects that can make a social difference.
Proudly First Nations owned and run, Carbon Creative is a social creative agency dedicated to making good work for clients who do good.
As a dynamic, smallish creative agency, we have very few layers, preferring to keep things simple yet specialised. We work on clients big and small across a range of industries from health to music streaming platforms, and take great pride in our authentic, creative and strategic approach to any challenge. We're hardworking and dedicated, but we also like to share a laugh (and bicker about where you can find the best coffee and what should be on today's playlist).
Like everyone in the Carbon team, the expectation is that you will work across our full range of work, including our First Nations projects, and will be respectful of all traditions and cultures. We promote an inclusive workplace for all and believe everyone should have a workplace where they can thrive. With that in mind, we would also strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply.
About The Job:
You will be expected to:
- are passionate about good ideas and well-crafted creative (and have the skills to back up that passion)
- have a strong portfolio
- have great attention to detail
- are highly competent in the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- like to work as part of a small team
- are keen to work on a variety of projects across various channels
- keep up to date with the latest trends and technologies
- are self-motivated, pro-active and organised
- have a strong social remit with a natural motivation to contribute towards positive social change
- are an experienced art director/designer with 8+years experience
- have a sense of humour and the ability to leave your ego at the door (we have a strong 'no a##holes' policy)
- are a good human who wants to make good work for good people
Sound like this could be you? Drop us a line – we'd love to chat.
Please send us a CV and a PDF with your folio, or a link to your folio at email@example.com and put 'Designer Wanted: <your name>' in the subject line.